GNS3 0.7 has been released today. Some Improvement & Features:
- Support & debugging on Windows 7.
- Qemuwrapper improvements & Windows compatibility.
- Integration of Cisco IDS/IPS, including a new symbol.
- Qemu 0.11.0 patched and Putty have been added in the Windows all-in-one package.
- An option to show the z coordinate of any object on the scene (View -> Show layers).
- Interface labels follow their moving parent nodes.
- Modified interface labels are saved in .net files.
- Option to slow start nodes (wait x seconds between each start).
- Links connected to Qemu based nodes are now removable (nodes have to be shutdown to do so).
- Possibility to set an hypervisor for Ethernet switches, ATM switches, ATM bridges and Frame Relay switches.
- New symbols for voice labs (Call manager, SIP server, IP phone, voice router, voice access server and PBX).
- New dialog window to browse and change a router startup-config.
- Undo/redo of actions is now supported.
- Qemu & qemu-img paths are saved in .net files if needed.
- Slight improvements for the snapshot system, including a new dialog window to manage it.
- Wics description in tooptips.
- Wics restoration from .net files.
- Support of relative paths in .net files (if the base path is the same as the .net file).
- Test button to validate you can launch Qemuwrapper, Qemu and qemu-img.
- New translation in Czech (thanks to Ondrej Filip).
- Lot of various small bug fixes and improvements.
- “versions” command to display Qt, PyQt and SIP versions
This version has been tested on the following OS:
- Windows 7 Professional x86 (Qt 4.5.3, PyQt 4.6.2, SIP 4.9.3)
- Windows XP SP3 x86 (Qt 4.5.3, PyQt 4.6.2, SIP 4.9.3)
- Ubuntu 9.10 (Qt 4.5.2, PyQt 4.6.1, SIP 4.9.1)
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Qt 4.5.3, PyQt 4.6.2, SIP 4.9.3)
So, now I have to test it – I somehow miss the Mac OS X version to download…