Home > CCIE, Cisco & Networking Related, Networkers2010 > Cisco Networkers Event 2010 in Barcelona

Cisco Networkers Event 2010 in Barcelona

November 23rd, 2009 Leave a comment Go to comments

So, some of you already might have noticed, that I’m able to visit the Cisco Networkers Event in Barcelona.

Taking the opportunity I’m going to visit several tracks. Maybe I see some of you there ,-)

Monday, January 25
09:00 – 18:00 TECSPG-2001 Deploying IPv6 in a Service Provider Network
Tuesday, January 26
10:30 – 12:30 BRKMPL-2104 Deploying MPLS Traffic Engineering
12:45 – 13:45 BRKGENPNL-1834 Large Scale Network Management
14:15 – 15:45 BRKIPM-2001 Hierarchical QoS and Policies Aggregation
16:15 – 18:15 BRKDCT-2002 Next Generation Datacenter Networks
Wednesday, January 27
09:00 – 10:30 BRKSEC-2003 IPv6 Security Threats and Mitigations
11:00 – 12:30 BRKSPG-2007 FTTx Architecture and deployment
12:45 – 13:30 ITMCCS-1807 Telekom Slovenije Advanced IP/MPLS Aggregation Network
14:15 – 15:00 ITMPCS-2106 Mitigating the Risks of Advanced Network Services
15:30 – 17:30 BRKSEC-2202 Understanding and Preventing Layer 2 Attacks
18:00 – 19:30 BRKIPM-3000 Advanced LFA – a simple protection technique for IP/MPLS networks
Thursday, January 28
09:00 – 11:00 BRKMPL-3016 Advanced Topics and Future Directions in MPLS
11:30 – 13:00 CCIE SP Written CCIE Service Provider Written Exam
11:30 – 13:00 BRKGENPNL-1000 Does NAT improve network security
(if I do not want to go to the written exam)
13:45 – 15:45 BRKSEC-3000 Advanced Cisco IOS Security Features
  1. steff
    November 26th, 2009 at 20:19 | #1

sound like a tight time-schedule. no time for chit-chat ? ;-))

2. November 26th, 2009 at 21:52 | #2

Well, but there will be always time ,-) The day has 24 hours…
    -steven

3. November 27th, 2009 at 15:52 | #3

Looks like a you have a packed schedule. Enjoy the show! Come to the social media lounge and tweet about your experiences and upload any videos of the show. Hopefully see you there 🙂

4. November 27th, 2009 at 16:06 | #4

Of course, I will ,-)
    -steven

5. Jerome Tissieres
    November 27th, 2009 at 20:34 | #5

Hi Steven!
    See you there and good luck for the CCIE written.

Best,
    Jerome

6. December 20th, 2015 at 22:24 | #6

Hi Chris,Fastlane work book wrote by Jerome Henry & I think he is the best instructors for wieserls CCIE (based on his youtube vidio, blog, CiscoLive presentations). So his book is easy to follow and explanations are great.Yes, I tried to build my home lab similar to IPExpert and practice their workbooks. Since it was not 1:1 match I had to change initial configs to suit my lab. These consumed a lots of time & sometime answers in the workbook pretty much CLI output & if your lab is not identical hard to follow the explanation without an extra effort. Good thing about Fastlane workbook is there are no multiple initial config for each technology labs. You can do those task with few equipments, no need to have a full scale lab. (By the way I have uploaded Fastlane lab topology in to My Home Lab Post , you can have a look). I have not set up a lab for fastlane, but doing small labs to understand the concept at my own lab.I think INE’s Video-on-Demand series is my favorite when I did my R&S. But they do not do wieserls. I think even fastlane does not have any VoD. IPExpert VoD is good starting point(CCIE lab v2.0 VoD Recently done by Nicolas Darchis A Cisco Employee) which may help you for both written & lab. Get your wired/QoS/Multicast skills upto a level where you are comfortable with any configuration tasks listed in the configuration guide of 3560 switches specific to these topics. I had that advantage since I did my R&S & went through those material in the past.Rasika

1. No trackbacks yet.